1. Purposes for personal information collected: ORRA is focused on providing our membership and partners with quality professional development opportunities, excellent networking events and current information in the field of total rewards, as well as Association information. To meet these goals and objectives, ORRA will only collect, use and/or disclose personal information (any information, in any form, about an identifiable individual not including information normally found on a business card, such as name, title, company, business address, business telephone or fax number) that is necessary for the following purposes:
a. For membership enrolment
b. To communicate and provide information about ORRA and membership benefits
c. To communicate and provide information about events, programs and services
d. To provide access to a members-only online membership directory
e. Update Association records based on updated information provided by the individual
3. Under no circumstances will ORRA sell, rent or give permission to use for any purpose the member information to any external parties.
4. Your consent: ORRA will assume implied consent by individuals who are completing forms/applications for membership, subscriptions, events or activities to use their personal information for the specific purpose described within the forms/activities. Within the forms/applications, individuals will be asked to provide their preferred means of contact. ORRA may communicate with members regarding Association information and details of upcoming events or activities. Consent can be withdrawn by contacting ORRA, to ensure that the information is no longer used or disclosed by the Association.
5. Information security: As part of ORRA’s commitment to privacy, personal information is protected from unauthorized access, unintended disclosures or theft. This protection is provided by security in the computer system, passwords to protect databases; locked filing cabinets and restricted access to offices. Only designated members of ORRA’s leadership team and delegated individuals have access to this information.
6. Retaining personal information: Personal information is retained only as long as it is required to achieve ORRA’s defined purposes detailed in this policy and as required by law.
7. Requesting access to personal information: Individuals have a right under PIPEDA to access their personal information held by ORRA. They also have a right to know if their personal information has been shared with any third parties. To access personal information about yourself held by ORRA, you are required to contact ORRA. ORRA reserves the right, as permitted by PIPEDA, to charge a reasonable fee for copying the requested information.
8. Privacy and our website: To enhance your browsing experience of ORRA’s website, cookies (small text files) are sent from our website to your browser and stored on your computer. Cookies also allow ORRA to recognize you when you return to our website.
9. The ORRA website also logs IP addresses of visitors. This information is used, in aggregate form, to provide statistical measures about usage of the site. This provides ORRA with valuable information so that we can assess the content and design of the website and improve the content and visitor’s experience in the identified areas.
10. Our website may contain links to other websites owned and operated by third parties. Examples of these websites may be for resource materials or training programs. ORRA makes an effort to identify organizations with similar privacy policies; ORRA is not responsible for the content or the privacy practices of these websites and recommends that before providing personal information the individual reviews their privacy policies.